The 2nd Conditional
1. If didn’t eat so much in the evening, you wouldn’t have problems sleeping. (Kad ne bi jeo tako puno uveče, ne bi imao problema sa spavanjem.)
2. If we earned more money, we would move to a better area of the city. (Kad bismo zarađivali više novca, preselili bismo se u bolji deo grada.)
3. She would get a good job, if she had better education. (Ona bi dobila dobar posao kad bi imala bolje obrazovanje.)
Life on a Desert Island
Now read the text about an imaginary situation and try to make 2nd Conditional sentences in the exercise POSSIBILITIES & SOLUTIONS below.
Example: What would you do if you didn’t have a lighter to make a fire?
Example: If we didn’t have a lighter, we would find some rocks and wooden sticks to try to light a fire.
1. What would you do if you had a knife?
2. What would you do if you found a coconut?
3. What would you do if you didn’t have a place to sleep?
4. Where would you find food if there weren’t any land animals or fruits on the island?
5. What would you do if you discovered some people on the island?
6. What would you do if you saw a ship in the ocean?
If we saw a ship, we would call for help, and we would wave our hands hoping they would see us.